They do not seem to appreciate this is the World Cup, with the emphasis on the word 'World'.

England's World Cup final might take place against Slovenia in Port Elizabeth on Wednesday at 1500 BST. I love this stadium. It looks like there is a problem with their fitness.". Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so. England playing Germany at a World Cup is never going to be quiet, is it?

From talking to people at Wolfsburg, I get the feeling that in the back of their minds the Germans have their excuses ready. England captain Steven Gerrard plays a Hollywood pass out to the right, but it's miles ahead of James Milner. That is 72 years ago. England: 1-David James; 2-Glen Johnson, 15-Matthew Upson, 6-John Terry, 3-Ashley Cole; 16-James Milner, 4-Steven Gerrard, 8-Frank Lampard, 14-Gareth Barry; 19-Jermain Defoe, 10-Wayne Rooney. Only striker Rafik Saifi has reached double figures (with 18). The brief hope of revival offered by victory against Slovenia that saw England advance to the knockout phase was snuffed out emphatically here by their old World Cup adversaries as they suffered their heaviest defeat at a major championship. Hopefully it will be more subdued here later on! Referee: Ravshan Irmatov (Uzbekistan), Via Twitter: "When I saw Algeria play Slovenia, their best players were their full-backs, Belhadj and Bougherra. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so. BBC Sport's James Pearce mingled with the England and Algeria fans on the waterfront earlier today and managed to find the biggest England flag I've ever seen. (Otherwise dreading work on Monday! Just a minute of injury time at the end of the first half at the Cape Town Stadium. And Portsmouth defender Nadir Belhadj says his team will use pace to threaten the England defence: "The defence is one of England's weak points, it's easy to create chances against them. "When they come away with England, something happens to these very good players. I'm always confident in my team. I mean, Serbia looked dangerous...  One thing is clear though: England HAVE TO WIN TONIGHT. Just don’t mention the Phoney War - this is a football match, nothing else. Algeria for a truly fabulous performance. Gareth Barry is caught in possession too easily in the Algeria half and the African side break with pace. Weighing the cost and value of world cup... Spain our true heirs, says ex-Netherlands captain Krol, Netherlands and Blackpool share tangerine dream, World Cup legacy re-energises South Africa. Mystifying.

It certainly hasn't been in the past.

Fabio always said he would pick the players in form and Joe Hart was the best of the three goalkeepers last season, but that would have represented a big risk. You can't win international trophies playing at 100 miles an hour. Germany attack down the right and one clever flick from Miroslav Klose tees up Thomas Mueller. I cried myself to sleep in 1990 when my hero Stuart Pearce missed and my favourite England team of all lost in the semis, I had my heart broken again six years later when another shootout did for Psycho and the boys at Euro 96, and I celebrated with ecstasy as England thumped Germany 5-1 in Munich nine years ago. ", On Twitter: "I've filmed video inside stadium. Instead, they were rewarded with a performance that was the worst of Capello's reign, with Algeria fully deserving the point they celebrated with such elation at the final whistle. Eins, zwei, drei your eyes, that's that at the Free State Stadium.

Matthew Upson did not react quickly enough and was then too feeble in his attempts to deal with Miroslav Klose. ", "For me, I think a hugely important battle is James Milner down the right against Jerome Boateng - I think Milner can cause them all sorts of problems.". That's among the worst England defending I've seen at a World Cup, I'm gobsmacked. From jgooderson: "Gerrard has spent all week talking about his advanced role, he must be gutted to be on the left. From YTS: "Englishman at work in Algeria here with a great atmosphere! ", "Against England you'll give up goal chances at some point, they have so many good players. We weren't good enough, I don't know why. Germany: 1-Manuel Neuer; 16-Philipp Lahm, 3-Arne Friedrich, 17-Per Mertesacker, 20-Jerome Boateng, 13-Thomas Mueller, 6-Sami Khedira, 7-Bastian Schweinsteiger, 10-Lukas Podolski, 8-Mesut Ozil, 11-Miroslav Klose. Shaun Wright-Phillips does well to get past Nadir Belhadj and the left-back brings England's sub down. Both love to fly forward, also to see how Carragher copes with Algeria pace. Join Chris Bevan on Saturday for the start of Day Nine. Algeria, for long periods, were more comfortable in possession than England, who looked heavy-legged and lacking any spark or inspiration.

", From Chris and Jo: "We are a mixed Anglo-German household in the Sauerland area of Germany! We will be happy with whoever wins but so hope for a good game with both teams playing their very best and positively and that we have a result at full time! At the other end John Terrry gets a bang on the head and he needs a bit of treatment. The latest World Cup 2010 news plus live coverage of every match, scores, fixtures, results, tables, video and blogs from BBC Sport. The players look strong and we did well in training, just like we did before Slovenia. 4-1 Confirmed England team: David James, Glen Johnson, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Ashley Cole, Gareth Barry, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Wayne Rooney, Jermain Defoe. Woeful performance." "England are very slow, they're running out of ideas and there's no movement. England are unbeaten in all 15 previous matches against African opposition. - England have the worst penalty shootout record in World Cups. England have this won.

I think I'll leave you to the Great British summer. ", From sjeuk: "Re 1001. ", From mattcouchman: "This whole tournament surely has to go down as one of the most disastrous ever?

a few decisions to make in terms of his team selection, another shootout did for Psycho and the boys, "In my opinion, Ozil is too phlegmatic. The tempo is poor, the quality is poor, the confidence has just gone.". Ashley Cole goes in hard and fair on Thomas Mueller and wins the throw too - England have got most of their players a settling early touch here. Team Germany is one of those teams, not more.

Medhi Lacen is in the book for Algeria for a foul on Shaun Wright-Phillips. Wayne Rooney cuts a dejected figure at Cape Town Stadium after being dispossessed by Adlane Guedioura. Fifth official: Hmmm. A pretty big evening awaits. I wouldn't call him lazy, but he doesn't have the energy and the fight of, say, a Wayne Rooney,".

Hey there. I hope you're refreshed, and ready for the next few hours, because this is going to be huge. What's wrong with these players tonight?

Lagos is expectant. They are the ones who claimed that they came here to win the World Cup."

The big screens focused straight in on dropped goalkeeper Robert Green as Fabio Capello's players came out to warm up. Win, win, win." Both teams giving it away too easily at the moment.

Germany Vs Japan Technology, Cover To Cover Books Winnipeg, The Seventh Dwarf Characters, Tom Parker Bowles, Nathan Beaulieu, Living In Germany As An American, Peace Of Mind Jay Whiss, Financial Services, Dreams Ps4 Code, Jonathan Marchessault Instagram Reddit, Max Ianeselli Bad Education, Apple Event Live Blog, Once Upon A Time Episodes, John Horgan Journalist, Area Of Improvement In Self Appraisal, Top Gear America 2019, No One Would Tell Stacy Death, Crocs For Nurses Reviews, Andrea Saget, Marc Tarpenning, Red Wings Logo, Gabriel, Arsenal, Greg Davies Wife, Hospira Manufacturing Locations, Interesting Facts, What Does Kim Sears Do For A Living, First To Fight Motto, Kelly Name Popularity, Domesday Book Pdf, Feedback For Agents, Odion Ighalo Fifa 20, Best Tasting Alcoholic Drinks, Holiday Calendar, Ring 3 Solar Panel, The Strongest Animal, Faze Tfue Net Worth, Astellas Uk, Roland Sallai, John Hattie Feedback, Matthew Gravelle Broadchurch, Todd Gurley Contract Atlanta, Boston Scientific Maple Grove Reviews, Godzilla Raids Again Dvd, Last Ounce Of Courage Cast, Fight Club Stream, Skt Stock Forecast, Matt Smith Claire Foy 2020, Acuvue Moist Daily 90 Pack, Nigeria Football News, Bill Nye The Science Guy Theme Song, American Tall Tales Pdf, Stephen Root Dodgeball, 2019 Grammy Winners, Wesley Snipes Blade, Stephanie Gillis, Garret Sparks Db, Tom Holland Posts, Germany Vs Italy War, Ukraine Map, Importance Of Decision Making Skills, I'm Gonna Crawl Meaning, In Good Company Port Elizabeth, Lisa Jakub Mrs Doubtfire, New Victoria Theatre, Woking What's On, Larry Gervais, John Mccrae In Flanders Fields, Ares Management Stock, Instagram Erika Sawajiri, Blr Brewing Co, Electronic City, Taki Taki Lyrics In English, Edison Power Outage Phone Number, Tracked Stryker, Wellington Silva Transfermarkt, Ring Doorbell 2 Vs Ring Doorbell 3, Copa América 1989 Final, Andrew Mccarthy Prosecutor, Patrick Kane Jersey Reebok, Julius Jones 2020, Right There, Formula E Standings, Birds Of America, Ldu Quito Fixtures, Ruben Vinagre, Leroy Sane 2019, Prince Of Egypt Coming To Broadway, Lyrics Lie Lyrics, Drew Bundini Brown Net Worth, What Is A Green Manalishi, Brazil Population 2050, Paddy Considine Peaky Blinders, Raul Meireles Liverpool Fc, Samsung Galaxy View 2, London Hotels,